Tuesday, January 7, 2014

slowing down.







pictures from Southwestern Colorado





I've always been that person who sets a handful of New Year's resolutions every January 1st.  Generally, I'm pretty good about sticking to them for months but inevitably fall right back into my comfort zone and stop.  This year I thought I'd take a different approach and set an intention instead.  So what is my intention this year?
 
Slow down.
 
I don't mean stop trying exciting things or stop moving forward, but rather to slow down in each moment and fully appreciate them.  Whatever I'm doing I intend to focus my energy 100% and become more aware of myself in that moment.  I want to live a kick ass life, but how can you accomplish that when you're never fully engaged?  My intention is that by taking the time and energy to be fully present in each moment I'll gain more knowledge and understanding of myself, my abilities, and be able to push past those comfort zone boundaries. 
 
Here's to a great year!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you do have a great year! I have a good feeling about 2014. Anyway, just discovered your blog. Your photos are fantastic! Nice to internet-meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a wonderful note. It's very nice to internet-meet you as well! Can't wait to try some of your recipes as well - they look so heavenly!

      Delete