Tuesday, January 6, 2015

And so it goes



2015 is off to a good start.  As I sit here this evening I can still taste the onions from lunch.  An obscene amount of peppermints for the day, and still it lingers.  Remind me next time I make these that a few slices can go a long way.  

Even though I did not claim it as one of my intentions for the year, I am trying to eat less processed and more whole foods with every meal.  Did you catch it there in the previous sentence?  Trying.  TRY is my word for 2015 and boy am I honoring it big time.  Even if it's late at night and I boil another pot of frozen ravioli I will throw in twice as much broccoli.  I've been eating a lot of broccoli.

Yoga is happening.  Not daily, but frequently and consistently and that's what counts.  I am sore every time.  Each time I meet myself at my mat and set an intention for my practice, more often than not it's TRY.  Try to let go, try to soften, try something new.  Try to get rid of your preconceptions of yourself.  I feel like I grow a little bit more each time and it makes me excited for the next time I can come back to my mat.

I wasn't sure about my word when I chose it, but it's working so well for me that I want to pat myself on the back for being so in tune with my conscience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment